Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
Does anyone know if e85 can be used safely? i would like to try it. i use it in my turbo s10 and LOVE IT. Its cheaper. Its cleaner. It can produce more power because of the increased alcohol. BUT i know it will use 30% more fuel.

the obvious is that the Trax does not have a Flex fuel badge. so im guessing if i just call the dealer they will say not to. anyone have any facts or actual experience ? thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
I sure wouldn't with a vehicle under warranty. By the way it's not a race car!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
e85 in the Trax

I sure wouldn't with a vehicle under warranty. By the way it's not a race car!!!

LMAO you sound like my wife.

I know it is not a race car by any means.

however,
1. e85 is made from corn grown by farmers here in the USA. BONUS

2. e85 will let the motor make more power because it can produce more timing, more fuel LOWER emissions. BONUS

3. I would only want to mess the car up when its under bumper to bumper and only 6k miles. BONUS.

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
Does she have a beard. lol

Do what you want and I thank GOD and Buddha we don't have that stuff up here. Government would try to stuff it down our throats. Corn is food not fuel. That stuff will wash lubricants of the cylinder walls where not even synthetic oil will help you. If you want more power and the top speed limiter removed so you can race Mustangs just get a Trifecta Tune. The money you will save on mpg will pay for it in no time.

Reactions: GMtec

·
Registered
92 Posts
I always thought if the gas cap was yellow, you could use E85. Not yellow means no E85.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can use E85, but you need 4 things:

1.) larger injectors
2.) GM flex fuel sensor
3.) e85 rated fuel hose to replace the soft lines in the engine bay
4.) tuning to take advantage of it

Lucky for you they do have companies that supply all these things, i've already seen a kit with the hose, 470cc/min injectors and GM flex fuel sensors. They charge way too much for it and you can definitely buy it all yourself for cheaper, but it's nice to have it all in one place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts