Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all-
I was curious if anyone with a 2019 Chevy trax ever felt like their ac never cooled the car properly? Ever since I bought the car brand new off the lot last summer if the temp outside was higher than 65 degrees my ac never really cooled the car down. Even after hours driving with it on full blast. Has anyone else had this experience? Is this typical? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
323 Posts
Not typical, my 2019 will freeze your nipples off. As long as you have the snowflake and the recycle lights on, you should be more than comfortable. Make sure the return vents under the front seat aren't blocked by floor mats or anything else, it should be fine. Otherwise there may be an issue which the dealership needs to resolve.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, all-
I was curious if anyone with a 2019 Chevy trax ever felt like their ac never cooled the car properly? Ever since I bought the car brand new off the lot last summer if the temp outside was higher than 65 degrees my ac never really cooled the car down. Even after hours driving with it on full blast. Has anyone else had this experience? Is this typical? Thanks!
HI Sterling. I think that flag is India. I'm in Bermuda. I have a 2019 Trax (and I love it) but the AC is crap against real heat. This is probably the 7th car I've owned but the only one incapable of fighting higher temperatures. If you get in the car during August (for example), start it up, and see 95 degrees, you run the AC as high as reasonable (including the "recirculate" button) and the best you will do after an hour is about 90 degrees! I keep a "sweat towel" in the car. I think the problem is the inadequate (or restricted) venting system as opposed to the AC itself. I agree, it's difficult to get good air flow. Good to hear a comment from another hot country. And high AC uses a LOT of gas!

·
Registered
233 Posts
We are on our 3rd Trax, just picked up a new '21 last week. All of them have fairly weak AC. My Silverado parked in the sun will hit 140°F interior and will have my passenger putting on a coat in 5 to10 minutes. I like it very cool. The trax on that same day will take 20 to 30 miniuits to get passengers to put on coats. But it will get the car down to my 60°F even on a sunny day with an outside temp in the high 90°F. If you can not get a 5° temp drop there is something wrong.

Stick a thermometer into one of the vents. The temp inside the vent should be in the low 40°Fs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts