Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be OK to change the oil at either close to 0% on the oil life monitor or at 7500 miles as it shows in the owners manual? Using full synthetic ac Delco oil. Would it be better to use Mobil 1 oil?

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
Which ever comes first, both oils are good. I change the filter half way but that's just my OCD.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
Make sure you put the right filter in. There are 2 different ones used on these vehicles. Type is marked on cap.

·
Super Moderator
238 Posts
My first oil change was 9% at 7200 miles, added about 1/2 a quart low around 5500 miles.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wife's 19 Trax is about maybe 800 miles away from needing the 5000 mile service as shown on the sticker and is at I think 68% oil life and still at full mark on the dip stick.
I just thought 5000 miles would be kinda a short oil life considering the durability and expense of full synthetic oil. The oil was getting dirty though.
Toyota lists a full 10,000 miles or 12 months for its full synthetic oil.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
If your certain that it has full synthetic in it you can follow the oil monitor. I change my oil at 10% and last time that equated to 11500Kms ( around 7000 miles ). But I do swap out the filter at 55% since it's easy on these.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts