Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2019 LT, and would like to install foglights to replace the black grill panels. I've read most of the comments on this site, but still have several questions and would like advice before I begin.

#1 Has anyone done a complete installation using all GM parts ? Does the GM harness include every connection required ?
#2 Does replacing the original GM dashboard switch with a new one (for foglamps) make an easier installation ?
#3 Are the "aftermarket" lamp assemblies as sold on Ebay identical to factory units (or at least of equal quality) .
#4 The wiring harnesses included with the "Ebay" kits only provide add-on wiring and are not complete harnesses … is this correct ??
#5 Most kits state that "professional" installation is highly recommended … is that really necessary ?

Thanks for all help provided !!

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Since you already posted this question 9 days ago and nobody answered, you might be the guinea pig for this one since no one seems to have done this yet on a 2019. I did this on my 2016 and the dealer didn't want to enable the switch for me. I'm going to go a different route as soon as it can warm up out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps I should retitle this as 2017 -2019. I'm primarily interested in whether there is an advantage to using the GM harness and dash switch to attempt a "factory" installation .. and if there is any difference in quality between the GM and "Ebay" light assemblies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2019 Trax LT and wanted fog lights installed. The dealer indicated that GM is Not offering an installation kit - as yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2017-2019 foglight installation

I just bought a 2019 Trax LT and wanted fog lights installed. The dealer indicated that GM is Not offering an installation kit - as yet.
I haven't spoken to my dealer as yet .. may ask the parts department if they can generate a list of the required parts. Seems strange that there is no "kit" available since the "front end" was redesigned for 2017.

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
It is available in the UK, why not here...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had fog lights installed on my 2018 Trax. I purchased the kit from CarId.com. It's a complete kit, comes with a switch and wiring harness. I did not add the separate switch, mine were wired in to the parking lights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2017 -2019 Trax foglights

I just had fog lights installed on my 2018 Trax. I purchased the kit from CarId.com. It's a complete kit, comes with a switch and wiring harness. I did not add the separate switch, mine were wired in to the parking lights.
There are two different manufacturers listed .. Spec-D and Spyder. Do you recall which set you purchased ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
to those that have fog lights, how much does it light up the side of the road ? I've got a 2019 and the high
beams go through the projectors which greatly limit the amount of light directed towards the side. Also
those with pre 2017 trax, did they have a separate bulbs for the high beam and low beams ?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Also those with pre 2017 trax, did they have a separate bulbs for the high beam and low beams ?
Thanks
Yes on my 2016, 4 bulbs altogether, 2 for high beam and 2 for low. As for the fog lights they light okay each side but they aren't allowed to be on with high beams but low beams stay on with highs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've received the Spyder foglight kit … so … first step is to remove the dummy panels. I understand they can simply be "pried out" using a flat tool to snap the two original clips ??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wanting to install fog lights on 2019 trax, the first kit I purchased on Amazon didn't work (the piece that the light fits in wouldnt line up with my car) and dealer doesn't have a kit. Where is the best place to buy the kit? (Already have the switch for fog lights installed)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts