Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 awd LT Trax I purchased about 2 weeks ago has about maybe 280 miles on it and it is really sluggish. Doesn't hsve much low end torque at all. Barely makes it up a hill. Could it be a bad turbo? What is the boost number supposed to be at idle? Wife's 19 awd trax has a lot more power than mine. Hers is 8000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
238 Posts
Take it back to the dealership and tell them to either figure out what's wrong with it or have a new one ready when you come back, then walk out like a boss. If it's not repaired or replaced, take the car and tell them your lawyer will be in touch with them soon.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that something I should expect from a new vehicle with low miles (280) that hasn't been broken In yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
not sure. maybe bad gas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 awd LT Trax I purchased about 2 weeks ago has about maybe 280 miles on it and it is really sluggish. Doesn't hsve much low end torque at all. Barely makes it up a hill. Could it be a bad turbo? What is the boost number supposed to be at idle? Wife's 19 awd trax has a lot more power than mine. Hers is 8000 miles.
Im leasing a 2020 Trax AWD and love it. If I press the pedal it goes off like a bullet and in Rt 4 going uphill to Rutland it goes 90 mph without relenting nor losing steam. Other car is a Subaru Forester Limited and it’s fast also. I don’t need faster than those 2. And they are roomy in spite of their size.
Yes, it can’t copare with my 575 BMW
Biturbo but...

·
Super Moderator
1,638 Posts
ddsans did you ever get this sorted out? Both my Trax and Encore will squeal the tires if I step on it, so they go pretty good. Trax is AWD and still squeals until the rear diff kicks in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts