Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Trax with 13K miles on it. A year ago I took it to Arizona from Minnesota. During the trip it through a code P0506. Local Chevy dealership found nothing wrong. But it hasn't been the same since. When I go to accelerate it bogs down. Like the old style quadrojunk carburetors. I have had it at the dealership and with no codes nothing on my Chevy app they are finding nothing. I am not sure what motor I have. I don't believe its a turbo.

Suggestions, ideas I am all ears.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2020 Trax with 13K miles on it. A year ago I took it to Arizona from Minnesota. During the trip it through a code P0506. Local Chevy dealership found nothing wrong. But it hasn't been the same since. When I go to accelerate it bogs down. Like the old style quadrojunk carburetors. I have had it at the dealership and with no codes nothing on my Chevy app they are finding nothing. I am not sure what motor I have. I don't believe its a turbo.

Suggestions, ideas I am all ears.
All Trax in the US have turbos. P0506 stands for “Idle Air Control System RPM Lower than Expected". One of your sensors could be malfunctioning. Maybe also check your air filter and intake tube for dirt, leaks, or cracks. The Sonic had an issue with the intake tube cracking which would make it jolt under acceleration

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All Trax in the US have turbos. P0506 stands for “Idle Air Control System RPM Lower than Expected". One of your sensors could be malfunctioning. Maybe also check your air filter and intake tube for dirt, leaks, or cracks. The Sonic had an issue with the intake tube cracking which would make it jolt under acceleration

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thank you. I will check it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts