Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a dashcam and I'm looking to leave it plugged in without draining the battery. Does anyone know if the 2020 has 12V always on sockets and if I'll be safe to leave it plugged in 24/7? I don't believe it does but I have nothing to test it with that's foolproof. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I recently purchased a dashcam and I'm looking to leave it plugged in without draining the battery. Does anyone know if the 2020 has 12V always on sockets and if I'll be safe to leave it plugged in 24/7? I don't believe it does but I have nothing to test it with that's foolproof. Thanks in advance.
I have a dashcam installed and the fuse I used is behind the pull cover in the inside fuse box on the drivers side and the fuse is F21 labeled "A/C Accessory Power Outlet". Look at the back of the cover to see the diagram. Just buy a hardwire kit for it on Amazon.

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
I used the power at the OnStar mirror. B+ from dome ligths and ACC from OnStar keypad. Pretty clean install and very happy with the results. Plus you don't have to hide wire behind "A" pillar and roof liner.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
Sure these devices draw very little current. My dashcam only draws 50 ma when on.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not certain on the 2020 but in my 2018 the power outlet on the center dash does turn off and on with the ignition.

Plug in your camera and see if it turns on and off with the ignition. Then you will know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sure these devices draw very little current. My dashcam only draws 50 ma when on.
I have a Valentine One and a way different dash cam with a Universal plug so as the tech changes I can easily swap it out and it was not hard at all to run the wires for mine. It is pretty easy and they are out of the way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have 2018 and I leave mine plugged in at 12v outlet. Same with @Flyinfool. Cam turned on/off with ignition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts