Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Anyone ever change out the temp control from a encore into a Trax. I would really like to have the climate control vrs the knobs. I did not realize how much I used that feature until you do not have it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone ever change out the temp control from a encore into a Trax. I would really like to have the climate control vrs the knobs. I did not realize how much I used that feature until you do not have it.
That is a great idea. I never thought of that and I miss Climate Control too as my other three cars have it. I will look into it to see if it is possible.

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
It might be possible but the harnesses aren't compatible and you would have to add the 4 sensors in the ducts and change the airbox to accommodate dual zone. Still possible I suppose but a lot of work. Maybe if you had a donor vehicle where you could safely practice the teardown and see how every thing goes together.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It might be possible but the harnesses aren't compatible and you would have to add the 4 sensors in the ducts and change the airbox to accommodate dual zone. Still possible I suppose but a lot of work. Maybe if you had a donor vehicle where you could safely practice the teardown and see how every thing goes together.
Why do you think the Trax does not come with any of the wiring? In my previous with most GM vehicles the harness is usually all the same, but they leave out the modules you need / option there, but the wiring harnesses are all the same. Why would they not have the sensors already in the car as it might cheaper for them to produce or at least the wiring there to add them. I added factory NAV and Apple Car play to my 2014 Cadillac CTS 4 and all wiring was there. Can you tell me why you think that? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
My year Trax never came with Auto HVAC, maybe the 2020 Trax does. The Trax and the Encore aren't built on the same assembly line and although they are built on the same platform they are different in some respect. The Trax is more of a lower end vehicle. True that if the 2020 Trax does come with an auto HVAC as an option the sensors and wiring may be there, my having never seen one don't mean they don't exist. If you attempt this let us know how it goes...May even be physically impossible to fit the controls in the available space.

No mention of auto HVAC in the brochure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why do you think the Trax does not come with any of the wiring? In my previous with most GM vehicles the harness is usually all the same, but they leave out the modules you need / option there, but the wiring harnesses are all the same. Why would they not have the sensors already in the car as it might cheaper for them to produce or at least the wiring there to add them. I added factory NAV and Apple Car play to my 2014 Cadillac CTS 4 and all wiring was there. Can you tell me why you think that? Thank you.
That's what I have been watching for. A crashed encore to pillage

·
Registered
47 Posts
My year Trax never came with Auto HVAC, maybe the 2020 Trax does. The Trax and the Encore aren't built on the same assembly line and although they are built on the same platform they are different in some respect. The Trax is more of a lower end vehicle. True that if the 2020 Trax does come with an auto HVAC as an option the sensors and wiring may be there, my having never seen one don't mean they don't exist. If you attempt this let us know how it goes...May even be physically impossible to fit the controls in the available space.

No mention of auto HVAC in the brochure.
View attachment 3897

Well you are probably right after doing some research I have found that the wiring is different in the Encore vs the Trax. I decided to not move forward with it since it is not cost prohibitive at this point in time. I might just upgrade to an Encore at some point as I feel the Encore offers more options then the Trax. I wish I would have looked more into the Encore, but that is my bad. Thanks for the info Traxy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts