Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has ever done any exhaust mods to that Trax? Seen some videos on YouTube but could never find and actual exhaust for the trax. Does anyone know of any for it or ones that would work? I know some of the parts for the sonic fit the trax. Like the cold air intakes fit, as I have already installed the K&N cold air on my Trax. Not sure if the same would apply to the exhaust.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Was wondering if anyone has ever done any exhaust mods to that Trax? Seen some videos on YouTube but could never find and actual exhaust for the trax. Does anyone know of any for it or ones that would work? I know some of the parts for the sonic fit the trax. Like the cold air intakes fit, as I have already installed the K&N cold air on my Trax. Not sure if the same would apply to the exhaust.
I have seen a kit online, but it seems sketch. I know of a few on here that have removed the muffler cause of corrosion. I'd like to do an aftermarket kit

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen a kit online, but it seems sketch. I know of a few on here that have removed the muffler cause of corrosion. I'd like to do an aftermarket kit

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Honestly thinking about just straight piping it. Just not sure if it's screw me over on inspection. Know my county doesn't check emissions but not sure if they would failing it if it was missing a muffler. Not sure but I could almost just put a high flow universal muffler on it just in case.

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
I removed the resonator when it came apart inside. It's a little louder but only at certain RPMs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check out ZZ Performance. Lots of aftermarket support for the 1.4L.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZZP has a sonic with the 1.4t running deep into the 11s in the quarter mile.
Wow. I didn't realize what all they made for the 1.4. should pretty much all of the parts work on the trax?

·
Super Moderator
323 Posts
Wow. I didn't realize what all they made for the 1.4. should pretty much all of the parts work on the trax?
Depends on which 1.4 the parts are made for, LUV or LE2 are the two basically that have been in the Trax.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I removed the resonator when it came apart inside. It's a little louder but only at certain RPMs.
Can you tell me more about what happened with your resonator? I have a noise inside resonator at cold prm. Feels like something broken inside .

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
It just came apart inside rattled. It just bugged me so I had it removed. Same thing happened to my Encore but was under warranty and dealer replaced the whole exhaust.

Reactions: Igirus

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That one seems pretty nice. Ended up having my muffler guys make me up a custom one from the downpipe back with a flowmaster muffler and all. Sounds pretty good like it is. But we are working on doing a fender exhaust on it with a custom turbo setup.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts