Chevy Trax Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
75 Posts
Can you unlock the door before remote start??? (Not possible with my LT…with the (factory) fob—the lock button must be pressed first or the start button will not work.) But my fob still unlocks while running, either by pressing the fob button or by proximity + pressing the (outside) door buttons.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Can you unlock the door before remote start??? (Not possible with my LT…with the (factory) fob—the lock button must be pressed first or the start button will not work.) But my fob still unlocks while running, either by pressing the fob button or by proximity + pressing the (outside) door buttons.
Yes, but once the car is running the fob is locked out. So to be clear, I can unlock the car and start it up with the remote,
But, if I start the car first I have to use the Key to open the door.
Once inside the car and it is running the door buttons work, but the fob will not.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
75 Posts
That’s my point; problem solved. Unlock the door with remote just before RS and it will be unlocked and running when you’re ready to enter. Unless, of course your RS locks the door before starting. If you’re concerned about theft, every RS I’ve had (factory or aftermarket) with kill the engine if brake or shifter is touched without key in ignition.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
For sure problem solved, its just an inconvenience. I start the car in the winter to get it warm, then just use the key to get in it, or unlock the doors and start the car.
Not really concerned with theft, every remote start I have had works the same, touch the brake, the car stalls.
The only odd thing I find, is if the car is not running and when I use the key to open the door, it sets off the alarm. (unless you unlock with the fob first) You would think using the key, would be a legitimate / "legal" way to enter the car, but Chevy does not see it that way.
LOL, I'm happy the car gets warm....

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
75 Posts
The only odd thing I find, is if the car is not running and when I use the key to open the door, it sets off the alarm. (unless you unlock with the fob first) You would think using the key, would be a legitimate / "legal" way to enter the car, but Chevy does not see it that way.
Wow, that is odd; I’ve not encountered that. But sure enough, that’s what the manual says too.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts