Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 Chev Trax 1.4 L. It has 5000 miles on it. I am currently in the midst of a trip to Arizona and just after I got gas the check engine light came on. Fortunately in the middle of gods country I found an O'Reilly and the code is P0506. I called the home dealership and something with possible low idle. Engine light is cleared hasn't come back on and runs fine. I do think my finger slipped off of start button when I started it.

Would it be worth stopping in at a Chevy dealer when I get to my destination.

Thanks

Kris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Reached my destination. Car drove fine until the last 100 miles. check engine did not come back on but now i am experiencing a hesitation on acceleration. I have an appointment the the local chevy dealer. At 6000 miles I really didn't expect this. Hopefully i can get it to drive back to Minnesota. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
192 Posts
In my opinion, it sounds like you may have gotten some bad gas. I had a similar situation around 7500 miles when I got gas at an off brand station, after running a full tank of BP 93 octane with a bottle of gas line antifreeze, i haven't had an issue since.

Another possibility is that if you top off the tank when you fill up, you can force raw gasoline into the EVAP canister. That will cause similar results until the EVAP either clears or eventually fails.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much. I did get gas at a hodunk place in the middle of God's country. I will watch and see. Dealer found nothing wrong.

·
Super Moderator
192 Posts
Hopefully that's all it was, like i said, i made that mistake once and had similar problems. Since then, i only go to the big brands (Exxon, Marathon, Sunoco, BP, Shell, etc.), and haven't had any issues since.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts