Chevy Trax Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I always buy a magnet for the oil filters, one thing you can’t use when it’s the cheap upper plastic type. But it’s a lease, I’m not spending the money on it.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
I dont see the plastic holding up for the long run. And they cost double the spin on ones. Doesn’t make a sense.
Plastic cap holds up just fine and I'm paying $6 Cdn for a full synthetic oil filter.

Your argument doesn't stand up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I see it’s aLeah’s argument with you. I have a few old vehicles. The plastic parts don’t hold up. So maybe when you listen from people who have been collecting cars for years you will learn.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
Doesn't get hot enough to hurt this cap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I bought my 2020 Trax, I went out to the parking lot.......and looked at how easy an oil change could be. The salesman thought I was CRAZY!!! He said He just does His done, at the Dealership, He works for........of course.

WELL!! I like to to things for myself, thank you! I too, like the "top" filter.

I used to work at an "oil change" joint. Some of those cars, I could NOT believe, what a pain to change oil on!!! Skid plates that have to come off first. Bolts are already cross threaded.......YOU name it!!!! I hated that job!! Changing tires, was not much better. Even though I had enjoyed that more!!! But with TPMS and liberal use of tire sealer...??? THAT had its trials also!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts