Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I recently got a 2022 Trax with the newer 1.4 turbo.....I've noticed some differences..The engine is physically bigger than previous models..I assume this is how it gets 155hp up from 138, but my limited knowledge is wondering what the foil covered pipe is doing? I assumes its related to the exhaust, but why the change?
Hood Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, I recently got a 2022 Trax with the newer 1.4 turbo.....I've noticed some differences..The engine is physically bigger than previous models..I assume this is how it gets 155hp up from 138, but my limited knowledge is wondering what the foil covered pipe is doing? I assumes its related to the exhaust, but why the change? View attachment 4434
There’s a link with some info on the new engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, I recently got a 2022 Trax with the newer 1.4 turbo.....I've noticed some differences..The engine is physically bigger than previous models..I assume this is how it gets 155hp up from 138, but my limited knowledge is wondering what the foil covered pipe is doing? I assumes its related to the exhaust, but why the change? View attachment 4434
i think the foil heat wrapped plastic line is something related with the intercooler

·
Registered
2022 Trax AWD
10 Posts
The insulation wrapped line is on the intake side of the engine, it is to keep the air from the intercooler from becoming heated by the engine

·
Registered
20 Posts
Honestly make your own I'm sick and tired of nothing being available for my stupid car not a **** thing no cold air intake I made my own and throws off codes fml
Of course there’s nothing out since. the 22 just came out and also swapped to DI. It’s gonna take time.which then gives time todo wheel/tire,tint,and any accessories you might want. You can’t expect a brand new car to have parts without r and d.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts