Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2017 trax and last year 2/7/19 my engine light when on for 3 days and I took it to the dealership. They had it for a few days and everything was under warranty and they said the "charge air cooler" was built up with ice and they replaced that. Now basically 1 year from that, 2/5/20 my engine light appeared, I took it to auto zone to pull the code and it was the same one-p0299. I immediately made an appointment for the dealership and they currently have my vehicle still. When dropping my vehicle off I reminded them and showed them a copy of last year's diagnosis for the same code. I recently had a call back saying it is not the same issue, they now need approval for 2 hrs of diagnostic time and the person on the phone was not entirely sure the exact issue but stated "I have an oil leak" and it may be something with the "converter." I approved the diagnostic time w/ annoyance.
-I get regularly full synthetic oil changes-last one was a few weeks ago and I have not noticed any oil leak
-I am now coincidentally now past my bumper-bumper warranty and 2-3k over my power train warranty

I am nervous at how much this will cost $$$ and upset that I now have a oil leak on my 4 yr vehicle and this is the same issue exactly a year ago they looked at.

ANYONE HAVE GUIDANCE???

:)

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Firstly I would not have brought it to the dealer if your warranty is over. There are plenty of good shops and technicians that do not oversell and overcharge. Secondly some oil may have been spilled on the last oil change so you'd have to clean the engine before you can determine if there' s a real leak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts