Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listening to Kim Kommando this Morning on Her little "clip" She has on AM radio. She said the Internet providers are phasing out 3G connectivity now that they have 5G now. She ALSO said, that cars that use that, to read all their sensors and stuff? Including TPMS? All the way up to year 2000!!! She said none of that stuff will work anymore, even though we had paid up for all those features.......????

I tried to find the article......but I heard it!!

Beats me!! But something to look out for..........?????

·
Administrator
2,444 Posts
Won't affect your TPMS because that is internal to the vehicle and has nothing to do with 3G

·
Registered
234 Posts
What may no longer work is the ability for the car to communicate with your cell phone. So all those sensors info can not appear on your phone. The car itself will be fine and all of its functions that do not use the internet will all still work. Things that use the internet like Pay radio, Onstar, maps, gas prices are what will stop working once they pull the plug.

This is one of the reasons I do not like all the electronics in cars, eventually they will pull the plug on 4G once 6G comes out and then they will pull the plug on 5G once 7G comes out. It is part of the way to obsolete cars and force the buying of new cars. The makers hate when old farts like me buy a car and keep it for 20 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts