1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, James! I'm interested to find out and get a better understanding of how the automatic Front-Wheel Drive system works and reacts on the road.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'd like to see a video review that shows how the Trax holds up in winter conditions. It doesn't have to be able to do everything; just enough to hold its own in Canadian winter conditions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope someone does a winter review soon and are using quality tires as well because the review results can change a lot if the Trax isn't running on quality winter tires.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just went through the winter on a set of studded Arctic Claw Winter TXI, size 215 65R16 on the factory wheels. Unstoppable.

Reactions: James

·
Registered
40 Posts
Especially with those studs.
Have you ever driven through colorado winters without studded tires or have you always had them?
Over the years I have tried studless winter tires 3 times on different vehicles. While they were better then all seasons by a bunch, nothing beats a studded winter tire for safety. Everyone of my vehicles has a set of studded tires to run through the winter.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Over the years I have tried studless winter tires 3 times on different vehicles. While they were better then all seasons by a bunch, nothing beats a studded winter tire for safety. Everyone of my vehicles has a set of studded tires to run through the winter.
Very true.

From what I noticed a lot of people seem to think all seasons with enough tread is good enough but they either forget or don't know winter tires have a tougher compound that won't lose traction under really cold temperatures like with all seasons.

Do you do any other special things for winter? Block heater?

·
Registered
40 Posts
It really isnt that cold where I live in Colorado and the Trax is garaged too, so no nothing else. We just got the car in January and I drove it from the dealer to the tire store to get the winter tires on. I'm waiting on a TPMS tool so I can get all the wheels dialed in.

·
Registered
745 Posts
It really isnt that cold where I live in Colorado and the Trax is garaged too, so no nothing else. We just got the car in January and I drove it from the dealer to the tire store to get the winter tires on. I'm waiting on a TPMS tool so I can get all the wheels dialed in.
Not bad at all.
I've had the unfortunate experience of having a vehicle parked outside 24/7 even during cold winters and it's the worst, especially in mornings as you can imagine.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I can tell you that the Trax is pretty dam decent when you put snow tires on it, I put my snows on my Encore I bought them for the Trax so they are kind of under sized looking.

The Encore did great we had a big storm at the end of the year over 30" at my house I couldn't plow my driveway with my quad it was so deep, I had to get the neighbor to break through it with his small loader.

The day after there was very little moving, but I was out with the Buick I went a few places with it I plowed through snow that other people got stuck in or had trouble going through.

Get a snow with deep thread I like Cooper snows myself, if you only put them on when you need them then take them off when the snow is gone, they last forever.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.