Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Chec trax LS 2016
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 gear manual . Exactly how do you use this . Is it like a driving a manual car without the clutch ? You just use the up and down on the gear shift . Please explain .

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
Exactly. But it won't shift anywhere i the range, for example if you're not driving at least 42 MPH it won't up-shift to 6th in order to protect the engine from lugging.

·
Registered
Chec trax LS 2016
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly. But it won't shift anywhere i the range, for example if you're not driving at least 42 MPH it won't up-shift to 6th in order to protect the engine from lugging.
Hello
So it’s only used as 6th gear. So you can shift from Drive while moving into manual?

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
You can shift into manual anytime. That was just an example where the computer will not let you shift. Play with it, you'll see you can't hurt it.

·
Super Moderator
302 Posts
From a dead stop you can only upshift to 3rd gear before moving, if you try to push it to 4th gear it will say "Shift Denied" until you reach the speed range for that gear. Which can be easily be done by 20-25 mph if you really wanted to. It will automatically downshift as your speed drops when approaching stop signs and red lights, just try to shift in the 3,000 rpm range and the drive will be comfortable. There's a small lag when you shift up or down, so you should press the button around 200-300 rpm before you want it to shift. For a more aggressive drive, shift in the 3,800-4,000 rpm range in each gear, which will stretch out how fast you can go between shifts.

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts