Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford maybe could be possibly thinking about, thinking about selling their EcoSport in the US. With the TRAX entering the segment, the REnegade launching this year and then the popular Japanese Vezel showing up as the HR-V sometime this year as well, not to mention the incumbent Juke and Soul, Ford would be foolish to let this segment slip away. TRAX and EcoSport competed briefly with each other in Europe, the Mokka TRAX is based on still fights the Ecosport...

Anyways, its been spotted running around unbridled in LA and on a freeway in Alabama...

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think that Ford would be foolish to not bring the EcoSport into the US. More and more companies are creating models for this segment, and since the EcoSport has already been successful in other markets, i think that it would do quite well in the US. I find that the EcoSport, Trax, and Renegade represent a scale of casual to sporty. The Renegade is most sporty, with the EcoSport in the middle and the Trax being the most casual.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that Ford would be foolish to not bring the EcoSport into the US. More and more companies are creating models for this segment, and since the EcoSport has already been successful in other markets, i think that it would do quite well in the US. I find that the EcoSport, Trax, and Renegade represent a scale of casual to sporty. The Renegade is most sporty, with the EcoSport in the middle and the Trax being the most casual.
Interesting classification...

Are we talking about the Vehicle as the Vehicle or the offer the vehicle is making to shoppers or is it the type of person seen as shopping for said vehicle?

·
Registered
745 Posts
i think it would sell well here

it would be like a cheaper smaller encore
A MUCH cheaper encore like in the $10k range, a nice amount of money to save but i wonder if people who can afford the Encore will give up the luxury and all for the chevy version

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A MUCH cheaper encore like in the $10k range, a nice amount of money to save but i wonder if people who can afford the Encore will give up the luxury and all for the chevy version
The Encore and the TRAX are not going to be cross shopped one bit. They aren't in Canada and won't be in the states. I mean TRAX is priced at 67% of Encore, thats a BIG jump you're asking people to make. Besides at that point they consider the Encore over the TRAX they should realize they have enough cash to jump to a larger chevrolet model...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts