Chevy Trax Forum banner

**ACCIDENT PHOTOS FOUND**I found a used 2017 Chevy Trax for sale!

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Traxy 
I would get the before images of the car BEFORE it was repaired. In many cases, a simple sheet metal bump will set off an air bag or more and fire at least the drivers seat belt. On a $70k Escalade, it might be a $15k list price repair and the car is put back on the road. Take that same level of damage to a $20k car and the insurance company will want to total it and offer $15-$18k. Then sell the car at auction for $3k-$6k. Makes good dollar sense for the insurance co.
It does NOT say the car is worthless. If repaired well and you get the right price…you decide. Remember though, many new car warranties may be difficult in getting satisfaction on a salvaged auto. Then again, after 30k miles, new car warenties are challenging to get taken care of.
You be the judge, but do all of your home work. Get the before pictures, not the after. I.E. don’t buy the paint job!

Strange, I’ve had no problems getting full coverage in fact, I even get $50 deductible on collision and comp. It costs an extra $14/6mo vs $250-$500 deductible. Then again, I don’t make claims every year or 3.

then again, YMMV

Hey Smit the little Trax looks like it was looking for Luven in all the wrong places. But not too bad.
I see hood, upper valance, radiator support, radiator and condenser. Drivers side air bag and most likely drivers seat belt.

Not too had of a hit.
What are 30k-49k selling for vs what they are asking for this 2017….
What if any warranty are they offering?
Ask about the seat belt repair, the company that did it or if they just installed a bypass resistor. Check the interior images and confirm what air bags were deployed. The steering wheel air bag is an easy, proper, safe replacement.

A search of The white label with black numbers on the windshield, drivers side should show the auction site with all of the damage images. And by now you should know if the car lived in the rust belt, soggy SE, or sunny SW. You are wishing for little or no road salt life, yet some
, for a daily driver is anticipated.

from the one image, I only see bolt on items and a little base coat/clear coat. I don’t even see any bumper damage.
Find the interior images at the auction site. Again, this is not a very hard hit. Im guessing a 15-25mph oops.

Before you buy, a current GM diagnostic read of all systems would be worth the $100-$150 charge.

have you driven it yet?
As an example, here is a 35k 2018 2.0L 250hp turbo Premier 9 speed auto.
with way too many options I’m driving for $15k delivered +$1k in taxes and the 19” 245/40R19 tires love to ski
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

@Smit999
I just noticed your link with all of the images of the little blue Trax. Seems like it was indeed a relatively light hit. Some thing we would be upset with if it happed to us. To me it looks completely repairable. Hope it all works out well for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.