Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I just purchased a new 2020 Chevy Trax with the LS Trim package. The back center console tower is "capped off" where the 110-volt power outlet is on the more expensive trim levels.
Does anyone know if you can simply un-cap and plug in the outlet (assuming the car is prewired for the plug) or is it a bigger deal? What would be the cost to DIY, or have the dealer install one?
Thanks in advance for your replies!
TY Bill

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
First start by checking if the fuse is in the fuse block. It will be F21 second row from the left top fuse. If you have no fuse it means the harness isn't even there.

Then you will need the harness, the module and the receptacle.

I suggest going to salvage yard and find a donor car. I believe these have remained the same since 2013.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First start by checking if the fuse is in the fuse block. It will be F21 second row from the left top fuse. If you have no fuse it means the harness isn't even there.

Then you will need the harness, the module and the receptacle.

I suggest going to salvage yard and find a donor car. I believe these have remained the same since 2013.
Great - Thank you for your reply! I'll check there first.
TY Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi - Just to follow up again, Yes, my Trax has a fuse in the #21 slot. Any idea how much the dealer might charge to install the electric receptacle, assuming my harnesses is in place to support it? As well, is this an easy install if I did it myself, or is it best for a pro? Thanks again for your thoughts.
TY Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts