Chevy Trax Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I noticed a photo or 2 from another post that showed chrome (colored) bezels. I found a set on EBay from a seller named: New & Used Parts For Less.
142484910092 for Passenger Side
142484910634 for driver side
$36.79 each

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Turns out the fake chrome parts are parts that go behind the black bezel. Installed at an electronics installation center. They are wired to come on with the low beams. Street shots before and after installation to come another day. Thanks to Traxy for the parking light/ambient sensor idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2019. Is it likely that BCM still has Fog Lights disabled? Cruise forums have it enabled by default from what I have read.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have a 2019. Is it likely that BCM still has Fog Lights disabled? Cruise forums have it enabled by default from what I have read.
I don't know. I never looked for mine. I had mine installed at Best Buy. The wiring harness I bought replaced the stock low beam headlights, hooks up to the battery, the ambient light sensor, and has an inline fuse. My BCM wasn't touch (or shouldn't have been). No error codes yet. When I leave for the morning, the 1st time I put it in drive, there is a moment of low beams dimming (less than a second) then goes back to normal.

·
Super Moderator
2,256 Posts
Couldn't get dealer to reflash BCM. So took a different route.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Neither. Aftermarket harness replaced low beam harness. Signal comes from the dash switch/ambient light sensor. Plus a lead (with 15A inline fuse) attached to positive battery terminal.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not following what you mean by "replaced low beam harness"

Are you saying it came with a plug that taps into the stock low beam lights at the bulb end? Or at the fuse box end?

I think I'll want to go the parking lights route as then you have a simple way to turn them in independent of the head lights.

·
Super Moderator
2,256 Posts
Yes, that would be an other way of doing it but then You are reliant on the ambient light sensor. My way if you want to flash somebody you just need to turn the park lights on a few times. They still come on at dusk since park lights come on then.

·
Super Moderator
2,256 Posts
I just tapped into the headlight harness on the driver's side.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'm not following what you mean by "replaced low beam harness"

Are you saying it came with a plug that taps into the stock low beam lights at the bulb end? Or at the fuse box end?

I think I'll want to go the parking lights route as then you have a simple way to turn them in independent of the head lights.
Stock low beam wiring taken out. Aftermarket harness installed at the fuse box - this feeds electricity to the low beams. Electricity for the fogs come from the battery with an in line fuse. Fogs on and off with low beam. Stock headlight switch (without fog light option) remains. No additional switch for fogs.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts