Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this very light crash , hood - front bumper ... replaced the air bag and tried to reset the dash light ... no go.
FYI ... I ordered a new drivers seat belt assembly as this one is so locked that it strains the bolt crooked when you try to remove it ...so I will just cut it and replace it with a new GM assembly.
The question is how do you turn of the dash warning light ?
Of course the dealer says bring it in and we can do it ... but I can't believe that it's that hard ... or am I missing something here ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I didn't know you could replace air bags. I thought they would total it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,638 Posts
You will need a reflashed SRS module. The dealer will put a new one in and charge you and organ.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will need a reflashed SRS module. The dealer will put a new one in and charge you and organ.
Why actually yes I have found out that you can remove the module and then send it off to be repaired { $50 } and then it will be returned and then you reinstall and save around $300 ! or you can buy a new one from the dealer and install it yourself and still need the dealer to program it ... for around $275 {around $600 ! } ....!

·
Super Moderator
1,638 Posts
It's the only way you'll get that darn annoying light to go and the airbags to work again. You'd think this module would be intelligent enough to work and clear the light once all the defective parts have been replaced but nooooo that would be too easy. They have the technology they just don't bother .....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the only way you'll get that darn annoying light to go and the airbags to work again. You'd think this module would be intelligent enough to work and clear the light once all the defective parts have been replaced but nooooo that would be too easy. They have the technology they just don't bother .....
From my 50+ years in the business ... this new group of corporate types are strictly about the money ... what a shame

·
Super Moderator
1,638 Posts
It can reset a code but it can't reset a module.

·
Super Moderator
1,638 Posts
You must know something I don't. Once an SRS as fired the airbags it needs to be reflashed as far as I know.

Reactions: Dusterman

·
Super Moderator
1,638 Posts
Dusterman I found this under the body & frame tab under the section interior trim & interior paneling trim if you have the same manual. It is very confusing even for a young 64 year old. So don't feel bad :D

Found the lower center trim, you might need that too.

I'll try and find the center console for you give a bit of time it should be in this same section. The first pictures I posted were under Collision repair in the manual.:geek:

·
Super Moderator
1,638 Posts
This I found in Instrument panel trim & center console trim section.

Hope this helps you. I had fun searching for it. Don't worry about remuneration, your Thank You was all I needed.

·
Super Moderator
1,638 Posts
You have to remove the top 3 bezels and side panels before you can lift the front of the center console after removing the 4 screws that hold it in place of course. These all clip in, you just need a flat panel tool.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts