Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i have an issue with a 2019 chevy trax and android auto.

every time i connect my phone to my car to use android auto i have issues with it working. it seems like the car doesnt want to recognize my phone.

i have tried many different cables and my phone meets the requirements to be used in the vehicle. i have deleted and re-added my phone a few times to. none of this helps

i have to mess with it for sometime before i can get it to work, if i can get it to work at all.

it seems to me that the usb connectors in the car may have a loose connection behind the panel on the dash. is it easy to remove the panel and check the connection on the back of the usb ports,

how does this panel come out?

id like to take a quick look at the connections before i make an appointment to take it to the dealer to be looked at.

frustrated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Out of curiosity have you updated your Android auto? My 2018 had issues and I re-installed android auto and it was fixed. It would not recognize my phone sometimes. PLUS... My phone is 1+ and some things will not recognize it sometimes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i have tried everything i could find on the internet related to this issue. i have unpaired and repaired my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled android autoo my phone, ti ried 2 different brannds of phones and i tried 7 different cables. no luck.

·
Super Moderator
209 Posts
First I've heard of trouble like that, it's literally plug and go on my 2019. There's the possibility that the USB ports aren't connected properly or the cable leading back to the head unit is pinched by the interior panels. I would setup an appointment with the dealership because they should take care of it under warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i resolved this issue, for all the reading and video watching i did since i bought the trax back in february 28, 2019, i NEVER cam across this mentioned anywhere. i found a video on the mychevy app today on my phone and it states very clearly to have the phone UNLOCKED when you plug it into the trax. if i have my phone unlocked when i plug it into the trax, android-auto it works like 'plug-n-play' with no issue at all. if my phone is locked, the trax does not recognize my phone at all.

lesson learned, unlock my phone before i plug it into the trax. i am a happy camper now.

·
Super Moderator
209 Posts
i found a video on the mychevy app today on my phone and it states very clearly to have the phone UNLOCKED when you plug it into the trax.
Gotta say i never thought about that because I never unlock my phone, maybe there's a setting in Android Auto on your phone to avoid that, because I literally pull it from my pocket and plug it in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi,

i have an issue with a 2019 chevy trax and android auto.

every time i connect my phone to my car to use android auto i have issues with it working. it seems like the car doesnt want to recognize my phone.

i have tried many different cables and my phone meets the requirements to be used in the vehicle. i have deleted and re-added my phone a few times to. none of this helps

i have to mess with it for sometime before i can get it to work, if i can get it to work at all.

it seems to me that the usb connectors in the car may have a loose connection behind the panel on the dash. is it easy to remove the panel and check the connection on the back of the usb ports,

how does this panel come out?

id like to take a quick look at the connections before i make an appointment to take it to the dealer to be looked at.

frustrated.
i have the same issue i thought it was just me. how can we fix this problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had no issue with Samsung S7 but had minor issue when I use my LG G6. Had to play around with usb connection setting at my phone to get it be recognized.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts