Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

Hopefully someone Can solve a problem I have using my LG3 and trying to get Mylink Radio to recognize and run Android auto on my Chevi Trex 2016 , Every time I plug into the USB all the Mylink radio does is play the music I have on my phone does not bring up the Android Auto app on the screen .
Should the App not Transfer to the Touch screen on my Trex ? It seems as only medi files are being read from my phone .

Craig

·
Registered
5 Posts
On the 2017 Trax Android Auto can not be on at the same time as Apple Car Play and the default setting was Apple. You may want to check the settings on the radio and make sure Android Auto is toggled on.

Also make sure your Android Auto app is updated on you phone.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello Everyone

Hopefully someone Can solve a problem I have using my LG3 and trying to get Mylink Radio to recognize and run Android auto on my Chevi Trex 2016 , Every time I plug into the USB all the Mylink radio does is play the music I have on my phone does not bring up the Android Auto app on the screen .
Should the App not Transfer to the Touch screen on my Trex ? It seems as only medi files are being read from my phone .

Craig
MyLink requires Android 5.0 lollipop some LG G3 are running Android 4.4. That's the first thing I'd check.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello Everyone

Craig
MyLink requires Android 5.0 lollipop some LG G3 are running Android 4.4. That's the first thing I'd check.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't know how you would get something to work unless it is installed, Android Auto was not installed on the 2016 Trax on the 2017 yes but unless you got the hack online to install the version 24 firmware and got the steering wheel controls to work then good luck GM as much as flatout told me no MYlink for you and well i am exploring other options for navigation and other stuff. Oh Apple (spit patoooie nasty) carplay lol.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm shocked that the dealer is unwilling to install a software revision for you if you are willing to pay for the bench time. Maybe it has to do with Apple licencing. GM might be paying seat licencing from that hellish company. I had no problem installing aftermarket unit on the wife's Trax but I know the local audio shop won't touch them.

·
Registered
745 Posts
With a phone being that old it might be best to upgrade just to avoid any issues going forward. You'd be amazed at how many problems can be solved by doing that. Just the cost of a new phone might be worth not having to deal with problems.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Absolutely.

Right now anyone using an android phone with less than a 5.xx operating system or an iPhone older than a 4s using IOS older than 7 really can't use most of the connected toys released in the last year almost two. Having said that, right now I'm dealing with a LOT of problems with Samsung Galaxy 7 and 8 users. Myself I'll be moving to Apple soon. Way too many problems with Android phones of late,

·
Registered
117 Posts
Despite all the problems with GM and Android Auto in the 2016 Trax imo there is no way i am going to Apple too over priced for me and people actually stand in line for the next greatest thing at the store. That being said android phones are not exactly cheap either but i think they are more functional. But to each their own....i can still hookup an external 8 inch android device to use google maps for navigation.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Despite all the problems with GM and Android Auto in the 2016 Trax imo there is no way i am going to Apple too over priced for me and people actually stand in line for the next greatest thing at the store. That being said android phones are not exactly cheap either but i think they are more functional. But to each their own....i can still hookup an external 8 inch android device to use google maps for navigation.

I'm really curious how this infotainment will work for people who keep their cars seven years and sometimes longer. The things are hardwired into the car's OBD system and Car manufacturers have no experience updating firmware and software on these things. I anticipate a lot of problems. Especially Android based systems because Google could not give a shiat about backwards compatibility. In my Charger I had to buy an Audison processor to make the UConnect work with aftermarket components without disabling the car. The signal was being sent pre-equalize to nine different speakers over four channels. My wife's Trax was a little easier. it required a GM PAC 5 for a hundred bucks but I still had to run speaker cables all around so that I can return the car to factory sound when I sell it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just like phones people might want to roll back to previous builds and forums like this will prove useful since people will be able to find out which builds they prefer for their needs.

Hopefully it won't come down to that, car makers need to dumb down this process.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You guys have the right idea and the programming is not that difficult they should atleast let us make up our own minds as to whether upgrade the radio ourselves take themselves out of the equation.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If i really thought it would work i would find a wrecked sonic or cruze of the same year and put the infotainment center in my trax but i thought better of myself and said no.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I solved my problem

I had to activate Android Auto in the Chevy Trax infosystem. Neither the Apple Play or the Android Auto were activated.

I may of had to change the USB mode on the phone also. ( It was dark. Things happened fast. I blame society. ) I may have changed from charging to photos after activating Android Auto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if there is an update for the 2016 Trax. I would like to know before I go to my dealer for nothing. I called and they just told me to make an appointment and then they will see if there is an upgrade. Does not make sense. Why should I take a day off to find out that maybe there is no update. I just would like to get the new Google app/Android Auto and a new update should have it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does anyone know if there is an update for the 2016 Trax. I would like to know before I go to my dealer for nothing. I called and they just told me to make an appointment and then they will see if there is an upgrade. Does not make sense. Why should I take a day off to find out that maybe there is no update. I just would like to get the new Google app/Android Auto and a new update should have it.
They probably want to plug in the car to their computer to check for updates.

Try this link and see if you get anything:
https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got a no we don't do that here kind of garbage from where i bought mine. and my current phone really makes a mess of the radio and the bluetooth microphone still doesn't work right. BUGSSSS ME.

·
Registered
92 Posts
What they should do is follow the mobile phone industry model. and allow customers to upgrade their head unit every couple years.
But then they couldn't sell you on the fact that you have to upgrade the entire vehicle instead $$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
From speaking with 2 Dealerships today, who both requested my VIN, they can tell from that if you have an upgradeable radio/system for Android Auto feature. No trip or day off needed. FWIW, based on my VIN, I have a UF7 radio model, NOT currently upradeable like those with I05 or I06 radios. Worse, an I05 or I06 can't even be installed to work with the other parts of my 2016 Trax radio/7" display system. Too bad, so sad for me. But the phone calls saved me a trip. Cheers.

- Dave.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts