Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
There used to be a product called "Mothers Glass Polish" but I don't think it's available anymore, I haven't seen it lately nor used it for a long time. It gets applied to the glass, let dry, then a lot of buffing to remove the dried film, leaving a crystal clean almost fog proof window. It's a royal PITA to use but does prevent fogging. I've noticed the front windshield in the Trax fogs up quicker than any other car I've owned, and even the outside bottom of the windshield fogs up on humid cold mornings while driving until it warms up. I usually turn the A/C on with the heat set as high as possible, or just set it on defrost. It takes a few minutes but eventually clears the foggy insides.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I never had any luck with those products, the easiest way to keep the fogging down is to open a rear window just an inch or so .

Cars with small cabins have this problem, you can make sure you are heating or cooling fresh air, not recirculating air that is already in the car.

Check your owners manual, it will show you how to use your cars HAVAC to reduce fogging

·
Registered
745 Posts
Like beeguz I always looked into controlling the interior temperature and through that there was never a need for using a certain product. You have front and rear windshield vents, use them, or just open an window and wait.

·
Registered
772 Posts
When you use anti-fog products on your inside glass they can be **** to get off the glass, should it not work out for you.

I was with a friend on a trip, we were in Colorado going to ascend Pikes Peak, it was a miserable day, he used some sort of anti-fog on the windshield.

First thing was it didn't do anything to help reduce fogging, it made a mess out of the glass that didn't want to come off, when you tried to clean the glass the stuff just smeared.

At night when oncoming cars approached the windshield looked like it was never cleaned.

Learn to work your HVAC, then as soon as you start to see fogging you will know exactly how to stop it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts