Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 2019 Trax, front wheel drive, my wife noticed the antifreeze was a little low so we added a little to it, put it back up to the line, of course this was after it set over night, so now every once in awhile u have to add a little to it, not very much but this seems a little odd to me since there is no signs where it maybe going too, is this normal for these trax after they have roughly a 100000 miles on the engine ?..

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
Is this normal for these Trax after they have roughly a 100000 miles on the engine ?..
Mine did the same, I would about a liter per 3 months. Bought GM's stop leak and it stopped leaking, never had to add coolant since. This is for small leaks only.

Product Money handling Saving Font Material property

Reactions: Oatmeal

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was laid up when we had this issue with the antifreeze, she went to Advance here in town and they told her what our car needed, it was Prestone, green color what was n jug, but in the bottle on the car shows up been red color, this is weird....but that's what guy said it calls for...

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
Nope, you need the GM coolant, pink in color. It is better for our aluminium heads and blocks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohhh crap, where can u buy it at ?...

We haven't had to put much in it over the few weeks this has been happening, u think it be ok or flush it all out and refill the radiator ?

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
No need for flush just don't ad anymore. You can get pure antifreeze or premixed at dealer or ACDelco store. Just crush one tablette and put it in the reservoir. Fill to line with fresh coolant. It should stop leaking within the first 200 miles of runtime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts