Chevy Trax Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, new to the forums. Sorry for bringing back a dead thread lol

I am considering buying a 2013 chevy trax but i cant find any information about towing capacity. I know towing is not recommended but hitches are available through online stores. Is there a place to bolt a hitch on the Trax or does the underbody have to be modified possibly harming the structure of the vehicle.

I have a small 500 pound camping trailer I was planning to tow with the Trax. Will I have an issue pulling a trailer of this weight? Also will I be fine pulling this small trailer along with cargo across long distances without damaging the turbo or possibly harming the engine or structure of the vehicle?

Thank you for any advance you can give me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I own a 2014 Trax and I wouldn't suggest it. I had U-Haul install a trailer hitch for me. I had my friends 4x8 enclosed and empty trailer hooked up and the wheel wells were almost sitting on the back tires. FYI I bought my car new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 2014 Trax and I wouldn't suggest it. I had U-Haul install a trailer hitch for me. I had my friends 4x8 enclosed and empty trailer hooked up and the wheel wells were almost sitting on the back tires. FYI I bought my car new.
I guess its more the suspension I need to worry about rather then the trailer weight itself? I found a towing capacity of 1100 pounds in EU. For some reason they dont give it a tow rating in Canada.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts