Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You probably thought I was crazy with that title. But wait.. there's more.

The Chevy Trax showed up to SEMA 2016 ready to take on some trails ! It's called the "Trax Active Concept"

Sporting a lifted suspension, wider track, some 18" rims wrapped in some grippy all-terrain tires. Front and rear bumpers were redesigned to give more of a rugged, tough kind of look. Throw some fender flares and it's like the cherry on top !

Of course if we're getting all of this, to make it a legit "off-road" machine, we need light bars and hooks. So, they've added a Thule roof basket, custom LED light bar, red tow hooks, and Carbon Flash rockers and fenders.

Oh, and they threw in Weather Tech mats on the inside..

Chevy said depending on what people think of it and the reactions they get from SEMA, they'll decide whether or not to produce it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol that it definitely will be able to do ! I like those skid plate looking additions as well. We just need to find a spot for a winch now... that's all that's left to put on.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Had that been available when I bought mine I would have got it.

I wonder if that is just a lift or did it get more suspension travel too.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I don't necessarily need the lift for my driving, but I do like the look of it, if the parts were made available to the aftermarket, I'm sure you would have loads of takers.

I'm sure there are people here that would lift their present Trax if the parts were made available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I take my 2016 Trax off roading every 2 weeks and it handles pretty good, it does tend to slide in the mud holes, but if you give it enough gas you can get water/mud on the roof of the SUV.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I take my 2016 Trax off roading every 2 weeks and it handles pretty good, it does tend to slide in the mud holes, but if you give it enough gas you can get water/mud on the roof of the SUV.
What tires are you running? Just want to makes sure since I think there might be some variation in the tires provided to owners.

Have you driven any other vehicles off road or is the Trax your first?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How heavy off-roading are we talking ? Like trails type of off-roading or potential 3 wheel lifting off-roading ??

·
Registered
772 Posts
I got close to railroading this week with this snow storm, the roads here are terrible.

Monday night I broke out my snow tires, I went in search of a set of chains for my quad, only to find out no one carries them anymore.

My Encore drove through the snow like a 4wd should, it was just as capable as any jeep I ever owned.

Snow totals vary around here at my house near 25+ inches in town 20 with drifts common, the highways are clear with patches of snow from drifting.

Stella may have been over estimated elsewhere, but it was the real deal here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts