Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Buick Encore . I have an iPhone SE . I am using iOS version 10.3.3 . I'm afraid to update, because CARPLAY is working fine at this point . I understand that once you update to a newer version of iOS you can not go back to an older version.
Have any Trax / Encore owners updated to iOS version 11 or or higher without losing the Apple Maps and other Carplay features? Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wife uses it all the time. She has latest IOS on Iphone 7+. I have never understood why some don't like to update software unless they are rooted and running a custom ROM perhaps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info on the iPhone 7 plus . May I ask about the improved Maps . Does it now indicate the legal speed limit while you're driving ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the info on the iPhone 7 plus . May I ask about the improved Maps . Does it now indicate the legal speed limit while you're driving ?
I have an Android and we always use Google Maps in the car, so not sure. I don't 100% trust those on the maps anyway, speed limits change sometimes and better to pay attention to road signs anyway!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have a 2017 Trax and a 2017 Spark (both with the 7” MyLink Head unit) my iPhone 8 running iOS 11.4 works fine with CarPlay on both cars. Apple Maps is still “meh”. Supposedly Google Maps and Waze will be compatible in iOS 12. Can’t wait!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts