Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the armrest in the Trax uncomfortable. Is there a larger aftermarket replacement?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
149 Posts
We just talked about a armrest from AliExpress here in another post. ( Do you think I can find it now, no) Anyway, the above picture from the encore seems a little low as a arm rest, to me anyway. The post I speak of has a link and the member already purchased and installed the armrest. Cost is about $47 - $56 US plus some shipping should you choose a tracking option. I just have not puled the trigger in it yet. Concerned about surprise brokerage fees into Canada from UPS ? Found it, look in the Do you regret buying Chevy Trax thread, last pages.

·
Registered
772 Posts
On the Buick pic above that isn't an arm rest, its just a compartment, there is a fold down arm rest on the seat itself, my Trax had one so does my Buick.

·
Registered
149 Posts
FYI,

I ordered a different armrest than the one posted here and another in a different topic. This one was cheaper (on-sale) prior to this post $40 US for everything. I did not need the extra usb connections etc... but this one has a black thread option. I will post when the snail mail delivery option gets to Canada, could not chance added cost of brockerage, duties and taxes using ( faster) delivery options. Here is the address to the armrest.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Update-8th-For-Chevrolet-Trax-armrest-box-central-Store-content-box-products-interior-Armrest-Storage-Center/32743941804.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The aftermarket is starting to catch up with the Trax and the Encore.
There is something like 3 million of these things on the road. Lots of stuff out of Korea and China.

Chevrolet Trax
Chevrolet Tracker
Buick Encore
Holden Trax
Opel Mokka
Vauxhall Mokka

And Peugeot has been promised some out of their purchase with General Motors.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I bet we can even reach out to certain aftermarket brands to create parts if we need them, but for that you need a certain amount of owners committed to make it viable to cover all the costs and so they can make some profit, have to keep the lights on!

·
Registered
745 Posts
At this rate from Chevy we'll have to wait for a next gen model. Now if this was Jeep odds are they would develop it and sell under Mopar, too bad Chevy doesn't operate like that. But at least the pros about the Trax far outweigh the cons.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Armrest / console arrived today

Update to previous post, armrest ordered March 5 and arrived April 5 from China to Canada. Cost was $40 USD total to my door. I did not see the need for the higher priced model having usb and lights in the back. This model had an option of black stitching rather than the red most others offer. Attached are some pictures of it in the wife's 2014 LT2, it actually looks factory. Why the Trax does not come with this I do not understand ?

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Update to previous post, armrest ordered March 5 and arrived April 5 from China to Canada. Cost was $40 USD total to my door. I did not see the need for the higher priced model having usb and lights in the back. This model had an option of black stitching rather than the red most others offer. Attached are some pictures of it in the wife's 2014 LT2, it actually looks factory. Why the Trax does not come with this I do not understand ?
Wow that looks great. What site did you buy yours from ?? how does it sit. (does it have pieces that go over the cup holders, and is it secure ?? Id rather ask a bunch of questions before i buy it. and it turns out to be garbage.

·
Registered
137 Posts

I don't get it either. but adding the under seat drawer and center console box. added a lot of storage to our TRAX. Probably saves GM around 50 bucks at cost to omit these items, plain stupid when you consider how competitive that segment is.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wow that looks great. What site did you buy yours from ?? how does it sit. (does it have pieces that go over the cup holders, and is it secure ?? Id rather ask a bunch of questions before i buy it. and it turns out to be garbage.

Sent you a pm, check your messages

I provided a link in a previous post from Ali Express. I waited until the discount went up to 23% off. It has a base that friction fits into the furthest back hole, with holes and screws to fasten it securely at the bottom. No pieces that cover the two middle cup holders, and the front is totally exposed still usable. Those middle ones are basically small storage bins now. But, I bet there is some sort of generic caps available for cup holders somewhere. If it was garbage, I would warn everyone.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sent you a pm, check your messages

I provided a link in a previous post from Ali Express. I waited until the discount went up to 23% off. It has a base that friction fits into the furthest back hole, with holes and screws to fasten it securely at the bottom. No pieces that cover the two middle cup holders, and the front is totally exposed still usable. Those middle ones are basically small storage bins now. But, I bet there is some sort of generic caps available for cup holders somewhere. If it was garbage, I would warn everyone.

I have the one with the USB and its great too, judging by your photos mine sits a little higher in relation to the oem driver armrest but that could be how the seat is adjusted too.

·
Registered
184 Posts
That armrest looks so perfect and oem and seems like there's an adequate amount of space in the compartment for a cellphone and wallet perhaps?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just bought a 2017 trax and would like to know where you got the arm rest for the center console and could you send a picture thanks
I posted the pics on post #13 and included the info on previous posts. If you are looking for the OEM molded splash guards and roof cross rails I have them for sale, send me a pm and we can talk.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts