Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
I never had one installed but there are plenty of aftermarket starters that will work.

I would keep it simple, don't let them talk you into extra features or security, because when you are adding one security on top of another, things do go wrong.

Tell them you just want a starter that opens the doors remotely, that is the basic one.

Whatever you choose you are going to have another fob, so make it as simple as possible.

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
Actually they now have aftermarket command start where you use the lock button on your GM FOB. You press lock twice then hold. This way you don't need an extra FOB. Or you could get the remote start dealer option, may or may not be more money depending on dealer.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Looks like things are getting better now that you can add remote start using the original fob, getting a remote fob for one of these vehicles would be pricey due to the key cut.

I still would add a remote with as little interference to the built in systems as possible, one system fighting another can leave you stranded.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I usually stay away from electrical additions because most demand some kind of rewiring work.
Aside from that, there are affordable options out there for less than $200, installation is probably where the cost goes up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Best Buy has been having good sales on remote start systems with installation included in price. $200-$300 all in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I generally don't like these aftermarket systems either. I've had problems where the aftermarket components interfered with the electrical systems and I ended up having to get them removed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts