Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just started driving my 2015 Trax FWD. noticed modest load / surge when driving at slow speeds. it seems the tranny is hunting for the correct gear. shifting is seamless from 1 to 3 and 4 to 6. I can feel a little load on the engine and then a little surge, like the a/c is cycling but I have that feature off. wondering if anyone has a similar driving experience.
it is most noticeable in stop and go traffic.

any tuners out there who know how to alter the shift points?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Have you had a chance to speak with your dealer about it to see what they might have to say/do about it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Have you had a chance to speak with your dealer about it to see what they might have to say/do about it?
That's what i'd suggest as well, especially being a 2015 model you've had for only so long.

Could even be something that stems to a bigger issue, best to have it checked out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Maybe turbo boost changing as load does? I'd consider that normal. The 6 speed transmissions have been known as "busy" transmissions. You got all kinds of things going on under those type loads. These transmissions have a adaptive shift function that tries and anticipate shifts based on your driving habits as well as an algorithms to try and speed match shifts to engine speed and load all in the name of fuel economy. Thank you EPA. The adaptive functions are all the time changing especially when a vehicle has multiple drivers. Had a customer recently who was concerned about extra firm shifts in their vehicle after getting it back from their son who used it for a month while at college. Turns out the son drove it like he stole it! The owner... did not! Reset trans adapts and all was well! Food for thought! If it really concerns you stop by the dealership and have someone drive and evaluate your concern. May be normal!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.
I notice while driving at a steady highway speed a slight load on the engine through the gas pedal. it feels like a mild version of a compression brake being used. it also feels similar to an A/C unit cycling on and off but I am not using the A/C. The car only has 200 miles on it and no error codes displayed so I am assuming its normal for this engine but I'd like to know 'why'.

Does anyone have a similar experience?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks.
I notice while driving at a steady highway speed a slight load on the engine through the gas pedal. it feels like a mild version of a compression brake being used. it also feels similar to an A/C unit cycling on and off but I am not using the A/C. The car only has 200 miles on it and no error codes displayed so I am assuming its normal for this engine but I'd like to know 'why'.

Does anyone have a similar experience?
Hi there,

We apologize for this, and if you need for us to look into this more for you, feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to reach out to your dealership on your behalf if necessary.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts