Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from New Zealand. I have recently purchased a Holden Trax (Chevy Trax marketed as Holden here in NZ and Oz). It is a 2017 LTZ Turbo. Very pleased with it
so far. Only has 38,000k on the clock.
Auto has manual override (M) mode. The vehicle is supposed to be a 6 speed auto. When I move through the gears I get to 5, but when I press the button to go to 6 I get "Shift denied" on the Multi functional screen. Can anyone explain this to me please? My daughter has an earlier model and the gearbox changes right through to number 6.
The manual is no help, and I will be going back to the dealer.
Many thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
You have to be above 68 kph for it to shift to 6th gear.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
What does the Holden logo look like? Is this it? Very nice logo though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, that's the one. Checked out the 6th gear and you were spot on. Thanks again. This is my 2017 LTZ 1.4 Turbo.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
In manual mode if you fall below 68kph in sixth gear it will downshift automatically so the little 1.4l doesn't lug. I know we are 11 hours apart and this makes communication complicated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries. I’m used to it. Many relatives back in the UK that I communicate with. Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I notice.......I prefer to shift "on my own" in Town. I prefer a lower gear in start and stop traffic......

I am sure it does the gas mileage no good, but better that, than lugging the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts