Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had issues with their 2015 Trax backup camera after having a recall completed where they upgrade the software in MyLink? My backup camera used to work fine but since the recall software upgrade the backup camera does not go full screen anymore. There is about an inch border on the left side and there is a round icon at the bottom which almost looks like the camera which is mounted on the back of the car. I took it back to the dealer and they tried something but said that that's the way it is. I don't believe them but can do nothing about it. That's why I'm searching for an answer to this dilemma.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I did not notice anything different after the update, I will have to look the next time it needs gas, that is the only time I am "alowed"/"required" to drive it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Trax, actually my wife's Trax is a 2014 and the close to 1" border on the left was not there prior to the recall fix which included a software upgrade. It cuts quite a bit from the screen.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not that I am allowed to drive it much...now I notice it too ! If you had nor said anything I never would have noticed ! LOL You mean it was full screen before...at least they could centre the image in the screen view. **** that looks stupid now that I am aware of it.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
My backup camera used to work fine but since the recall software upgrade the backup camera does not go full screen anymore. There is about an inch border on the left side and there is a round icon at the bottom which almost looks like the camera which is mounted on the back of the car.
I believe that your screen was always like that but you never noticed it before. My 2016 has the little camera lens on the side too and I had never noticed this until I read this post. I believe the camera is a different format than the screen leaving that one inch gap. Have you tried adjusting the parameters?
Start your Trax. Press the little house or home button at the right beside the power button and this screen will pop up.

Press setting

This screen will pop up, touch vehicle settings,

Then touch the scroll down icon.

Then this screen will pop up where you can set backup camera options

If you select the top menu you can adjust grid and symbols.

At this point pull park brake on if not already on and put your Trax in reverse and the screen with the camera on the bottom left will appear.

Then touch the lower left of the screen beside the camera

And you will get the brightness and contrast icons. Set these to your liking.

Then put your Trax into park and exit menu. Turn your vehicle off. Brightness and contrast menu can be done without entering menus, simply put Trax in reverse and touch lower left of screen.
HOPE this helps someone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts