Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know of a wire in the engine bay area that can tapped into power easily. I have qualms about tapping into factory wires, so I would be prefer to make a short harness that I can tap into. Make a small harness between 2 connectors if you will. I had debated the headlight connector; however, that does not provide consistent, non-switched power on my projector style lamps due to the ambient light control. I had also debated on using a fuse tap, but don't believe that will work without modification to the housing. Any ideas appreciated.

Car is 2017 with projectors.

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
I believe there is a tab with a nut on the positive battery connector.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only need power when the car is turned off. It's a lighting accessory, so I don't want it on at all times. Nor would it have an on/off switch.
Do you know how easy it would be to run a cable through the firewall and connect to the fuse block in the dash?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
Should be plenty of positions under the hood with accessory power like windshield washer pump, wiper, run crank. Mine is a 16 so not sure it would be the same. Just turn the key to on and check which fuse has power that doesn't when off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts