Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nosing around I fount Bilstein shocks and struts for a 2014 Buick Encore. I looked up the Buick Encore shocks and struts on GMpartsdirect.com. And the shock and strut part number is the same through 2020. Knowing the Encore suspensions parts are the same as a Chevy Trax. I believe these 2014 Bilstein shocks and struts will fit my Trax. I love Bilstein shocks having ran then for 30 years with excellent performance. The last truck I had them on had 120 K miles on the Bilsteins and they were still good.

They are not cheap. They can be had at Rockauto, struts 22233707 and 22233721 for 163.79 each and the rear shocks part # 19233734 for 113.99 each.. Any way just a thought.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nosing around I fount Bilstein shocks and struts for a 2014 Buick Encore. I looked up the Buick Encore shocks and struts on GMpartsdirect.com. And the shock and strut part number is the same through 2020. Knowing the Encore suspensions parts are the same as a Chevy Trax. I believe these 2014 Bilstein shocks and struts will fit my Trax. I love Bilstein shocks having ran then for 30 years with excellent performance. The last truck I had them on had 120 K miles on the Bilsteins and they were still good.

They are not cheap. They can be had at Rockauto, struts 22233707 and 22233721 for 163.79 each and the rear shocks part # 19233734 for 113.99 each.. Any way just a thought.
I was under my Trax yesterday looking at the back shocks and thinking it was probably time at 90,000 miles. I too love Bilstein's and have them on everything I own. You just saved me some time doing a parts lookup so thanks!!

Now finding a rear sway bar.....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad I could help. If you find a rear sway bar, please let me know. I have looked for one but was not successful.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glad I could help. If you find a rear sway bar, please let me know. I have looked for one but was not successful.
You'll hate me but I work for a sway bar manufacturer. We are so busy and there just isn't enough demand for me to add it to the R&D project list.If we ever slow down though.....

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
If you look at the way the rear suspension is designed the rear sway bar is built in the trailing arms. Are you looking for an extra sway to make it even stiffer? Is yours FWD or AWD?

Product Black Wood String instrument Bicycle part

Some people just weld a halved pipe over the torsion tube that goes from side to side. The thicker the metal the more anti-sway you induce. I don't race my Trax so I won't need it. But did do similar to this to one of my Cobalts back in the day, it worked pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts