Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I do not know of any waterless products that I would trust. Mild soap and water is the best. Usually even just plain water will work just fine. If you get at it right away while it is still fresh and wet, a soft paper towel will get it done.

Depending on the kind of bird and what they were eating, some of those droppings can etch the paint if left on long enough where you will need to buff it out after cleaning the mess.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Its best to get them off the car as soon as possible the acid in the bird droppings can eat into the clear coat.

Once you get it off it will still leave a stain behind, dark colors are the worst because you can see the outline of the dropping.

I used Meguires Ultimate Clear Coat Compoundits gentle on clear coats, it will remove the stain.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Don't use any sort of paper towel... ever.

Get some quick detailer or something that can provide that lubricity and spray it down.

Use a microfiber and wipe in a scooping motion, flipping sides and going over again.

Finish up with some polish compound on a microfiber and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The best I have found if your car is attacked by birds take it to a self service car wash, ASAP, wet the hood top or any flat surfaces first let them soak.

Then when you start rinsing off the soap, the droppings will wash off, (Please don't aim the spray wand directly at the droppings, it will damage the clear coat.)

Be proactive wax the flat areas of your car, hood top and trunk lid, you don't have to wax the whole car the flat areas are what take the beating.

With a decent wax job on the flat areas every few months, those bird droppings will wash off easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts