Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a wire through the firewall wiring rubber thing but in the process the plastic retainer ring separated and fell to the ground. I recovered both pieces and they are fine. No damage there. But the issue now is how the thing goes in. I have tried a few things but I can’t get the rubber in. So now I’m desperate. If someone can take a picture from the engine bay side I can see how the ring and gasket thing should fit. Any help would be amazing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found an online diagram that shows the way for the plastic thing to go. I tried putting the rubber around the ring but I just can’t get it. I think once the rubber is around it I can just press the whole thing in and it will be done.
I want to do this myself but I’m considering going to my local car audio place to see if they can do it. I would guess they’ve run up against this kind of thing before. They might have the patience and know how that I don’t.

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
Wish you had showed us a picture, maybe we could have helped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry caught up in the moment and failed on that part. I’ll work on a pic to post after dinner. Maybe someone has an idea to get the rubber on the plastic ring. I’m open to suggestions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I added some pictures. This is all on driver side. Far left behind the OBD port. You can see in the second picture I have the ring put back together but I can’t get that lip seated inside the rubber. Seems when I get a corner done and move to the next it comes out.open to suggestions on how To get this done.

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
Look inside the rubber, I think it is keyed so it only goes in one way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

Yes definitely keyed.You can reach inside the rubber and feel it. Very difficult to line up correctly because of the angles under the dash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts