Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello, can any help me with what the big black round plug at the top of the turbo is for I see a harness connected to it, wonder what it does?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the black round plug on the turbo that has the harness coming off of it running along the head

·
Registered
772 Posts
I do believe that is the PCV line I was going to tap into that line with a catch can on my Buick.

I could never come up with a good spot to mount the catch can, I let it slide because they might give me warranty woes if I had a problem with the turbo or the engine itself.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure if you are talking about the same thing as me I have circled it in red.

·
Registered
772 Posts
At first I didn't believe it was the PCV line either.

I would still like to install a catch can just to see if it picks up any oil.

I had a can on my new corvette, the amount of oil that can caught was disturbing, an engine that new should not have that much oil in the PCV system.

I used the same can on my new Miata engine, it picked up far less oil in the PCV

·
Registered
51 Posts
In cruze forum,they said this engine didn't need a catch can.
Don't believe evrything they say, check it out:
It's the A14NET/B14NET engine)))
And I suppose B14XFT(used on restyled Trax) also needs an oil vapour catch can.

·
Super Moderator
2,274 Posts
Don't believe everything they say, check it out:

It's the A14NET/B14NET engine)))
And I suppose B14XFT(used on restyled Trax) also needs an oil vapor catch can.
Now this time I have to disagree. It doesn't need a catch can but it can't hurt especially if you don't use the recommended oil. A little oil flowing by the valve never hurt an engine. Synthetic oil doesn't sludge or gum up the valves. (Look at a 2 stroke ) Personally I think a catch can on this engine is useless and I believe it it would have needed it GM would have put one there.

·
Super Moderator
2,274 Posts
Only if it's dyno oil and dyno oil is not recommended in these engines. The blend isn't even recommended anymore.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.