Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, 2015 chevy trax LT.
  • Blower would only work on 4.
  • Replaced resistor with one from NAPA, worked for 2 min minutes then no blower at all. No evidence of anything burnt on the plug or resistor.
  • Got warranty on that one and tried it again, same thing, worked for 2 minutes then burnt without evidence.
  • Replaced blower motor and resistor, this time it worked for 3 days then quit again. Resistor plug and resistor is kinda burnt / melted.
  • Got a resistor from dealer, plugged it in and it works on all speeds but gets really hot really fast when on 3, 2 or 1. Scared it's only going to last another 5 minutes then burn out.
Looking at the wiring diagram and i'm seeing the speed selector switch basically varies the ground.
Would the speed selector switch be bad? Or a bad ground? Anyone had this kind of issues before?
Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
Maybe your cabin air filter is plugged. Motor has to work overtime to pull air through. Just a thought!!!

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
You should really replace it every year. Blowing it out doesn't get rid of e coli mildew or fungus. I value my lungs, without them I can't breathe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
  • Replaced resistor with one from NAPA, worked for 2 min minutes then no blower at all. No evidence of anything burnt on the plug or resistor.
  • Got warranty on that one and tried it again, same thing, worked for 2 minutes then burnt without evidence.
  • Replaced blower motor and resistor, this time it worked for 3 days then quit again. Resistor plug and resistor is kinda burnt / melted.
  • Got a resistor from dealer, plugged it in and it works on all speeds but gets really hot really fast when on 3, 2 or 1. Scared it's only going to last another 5 minutes then burn out.
Looking at the wiring diagram and i'm seeing the speed selector switch basically varies the ground.
Would the speed selector switch be bad? Or a bad ground? Anyone had this kind of issues before?
Thanks in advance!
I am having the same issue in my 2016 and I stillhave not found the call culprit. Did you have Any luck on fixing it?? I am currently about to order another round of parts but not to just have them burn up on me.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
Make sure your cabin air filter isn't plugged up with debris, then make sure you buy a descent quality replacement resistor network and check to make sure contacts are good and clean, dielectric grease won't hurt here. Last but not least you could have a bad motor that's drawing too much current.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks in advance!
We are experiencing exact same thing with our 2016 Chevy Trax Lt..we put in brand new cabin filter. Should we replace blower motor? Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
We are experiencing exact same thing with our 2016 Chevy Trax Lt..we put in brand new cabin filter. Should we replace blower motor? Any ideas?
We also bought new resistor from O'Reilly's and it burned out after 3 minutes. The new ones we plug in get super hot immediately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts