Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to hear from anyone who has had their blower motor for the A/C go out along with resistor wire melting. I just had this happen at 42k miles so not under way...cost is $850.00 to fix due to blower motor, resistor wire and harness plug. I was told this happens as the blower motors are too small for the car. The new motor will be bigger. Sounds like a defect in manufacturing....anyone out there? I have a 2015 Trax

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm having the same issues on my 2017 Trax. I took it in and they replaced the resistor but NOT the cords. After you got it all fixed did it go out again ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would like to hear from anyone who has had their blower motor for the A/C go out along with resistor wire melting. I just had this happen at 42k miles so not under way...cost is $850.00 to fix due to blower motor, resistor wire and harness plug. I was told this happens as the blower motors are too small for the car. The new motor will be bigger. Sounds like a defect in manufacturing....anyone out there? I have a 2015 Trax
If you or someone you know is reasonably handy, I bet you could replace it yourself for far less money.

Here is a link to the parts section: https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-parts/2015/chevrolet/trax/lt-trim/1-4l-l4-gas-engine/hvac-cat/blower-motor-and-fan-scat

Looks like parts 18, 21, and 22.

I would not think the blower itself would be bad. I would try just the resistor and/or harness first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm having the same issues on my 2017 Trax. I took it in and they replaced the resistor but NOT the cords. After you got it all fixed did it go out again ?
I have had mine replaced 3 times. I can't believe this is somehow not a recall issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts