Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to hear from anyone who has had their blower motor for the A/C go out along with resistor wire melting. I just had this happen at 42k miles so not under way...cost is $850.00 to fix due to blower motor, resistor wire and harness plug. I was told this happens as the blower motors are too small for the car. The new motor will be bigger. Sounds like a defect in manufacturing....anyone out there? I have a 2015 Trax

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm having the same issues on my 2017 Trax. I took it in and they replaced the resistor but NOT the cords. After you got it all fixed did it go out again ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would like to hear from anyone who has had their blower motor for the A/C go out along with resistor wire melting. I just had this happen at 42k miles so not under way...cost is $850.00 to fix due to blower motor, resistor wire and harness plug. I was told this happens as the blower motors are too small for the car. The new motor will be bigger. Sounds like a defect in manufacturing....anyone out there? I have a 2015 Trax
If you or someone you know is reasonably handy, I bet you could replace it yourself for far less money.

Here is a link to the parts section: https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-parts/2015/chevrolet/trax/lt-trim/1-4l-l4-gas-engine/hvac-cat/blower-motor-and-fan-scat

Looks like parts 18, 21, and 22.

I would not think the blower itself would be bad. I would try just the resistor and/or harness first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm having the same issues on my 2017 Trax. I took it in and they replaced the resistor but NOT the cords. After you got it all fixed did it go out again ?
I have had mine replaced 3 times. I can't believe this is somehow not a recall issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2018 trax had about 20k on it and had the whole blower wire and resistor replaced. Since then I've replaced the resistor twice and now looking into replacing the motor and wire harness my self. Thinking of just trading this car in.My driver seat also has issues. (P.S. I've replaced the resistor every year after the dealership did the first one)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts