Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. When I connect the Bluetooth with my phone, no sounds come out. The only time I can get sounds is if I plug in via USB and use the Android auto app. How can I use the app wirelessly and how can I make sound play if I'm only using Bluetooth? Nothing seems to work, even though I'm pretty computer savvy. Please help!!!

Also, it's a new 2018 Premier model.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Obvious question is do you have the volume on your phone turned up when connected via Bluetooth?
I always use Android Auto app and have not attempted to see what happens when using Bluetooth only.
Pretty sure the Android Auto app requires usb plugged in. Only available via Bluetooth on very limited number of head units/vehicles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need to check it at DivX options and add your device in divX site for having sound available, at least this was the situation with my Chevy Trax.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my new 2018 Trax ……...onstar gives me no "OnStar ready" response when pushing the blue button on the rearview mirror or the steering wheel button. All I get is handsfree calling logo on the info screen. push that logo and all I get is a keypad !!!!!! I want to use my handsfree minutes and not my cellphone minutes.
I have talked to Onstar and GM support with no resolution

·
Registered
4 Posts
when I push the voice command button on the steering wheel I get a response from "Google Assistant" that's on my android phone. I do understand that there is no more voice recognition response when u push the voice command button on the rearview mirror...…..ridiculous for GM to take that away. I just disabled "google assistant" on my phone and we shall see what happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
after many phone calls with GM.......my 2018 Trax LT AWD has infotainment 3.0........ 7" screen and now finding out there is no voice recognition. For previous OnStar users who are waiting for the command "onStar ready"..........it ain't there!!!!!!!!!!! Even the dealership was not aware of the change, now I have handsfree calling minutes I can't use while driving. "pull over to the side of the road" and use the keypad to enter the phone number.........Yes, I can use my android phone from "android auto" but that's using my cellphone minutes.
Even the videos and owners manual say "onStar ready"...............guess they never updated the videos or the owners manual. mmmmmm, guess they misrepresented something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
Bummer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts