Chevy Trax Forum banner

Do you like the body color shifter cap?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now this one I'm kinda on the fence " OEM vs Body color " My Trax is painted Sunset Orange. I couldn't get my camera phone to capture the right color although the first and fourth are close. Let me know what you think in the pole please.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks good. I would add some clear coat and then wax it so it can be cleaned easily. Other wise it may discolor quickly from being touched and in the sun a lot.

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It already has 5 coats of clear. lol In a couple of weeks I will buff it once the clear is nice and hard.

·
Super Moderator
289 Posts
That does look pretty awesome, i wouldn't bother with mine since the whole vehicle is multiple shades of grey and black inside and out. But if i had one of the hotter colors like the blue or your orange i would definitely like to do something similar to it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like it a lot, nice job! I’d probably do up a couple more trim panels to help tie the color into the jnterior, as well.
Now you’ve got me thinking of my interior trim...

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the interior is pretty dark and bland. The turquoise stitching in mine kinda kills the orange theme. Don't forget to vote...the whole goal of the pole!

·
Super Moderator
289 Posts
Yeah the interior is pretty dark and bland. The turquoise stitching in mine kinda kills the orange theme. Don't forget to vote...the whole goal of the pole!
If you removed all the silver trim from the center and dash, i think it would be awesome to change them to body color.

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I could figure out how to remove the shifter knob...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Now this one I'm kinda on the fence " OEM vs Body color " My Trax is painted Sunset Orange. I couldn't get my camera phone to capture the right color although the first and fourth are close. Let me know what you think in the pole please.

Is this an aftermarket part or did you remove and paint the stock peice. I'm looking to remove the silver part around the shifter and paint it. Wondering if you have any help

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That is the original cover. There are 2 clips on the top and it pulls straight up. Insert a panel tool each side at the top and pry it upward. I will go take a picture of the back and come back to post here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts