Chevy Trax Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Okay it all jives now... we are speaking the same language.
This afternoon I pulled the Encore from the garage and brought in the Trax to inspect the boost fittings. The ones on the air box were quite tight but the one on the Turbo wasn't, I did a full turn on the screw head. So I loosened it and pulled it off, applied silicone grease on the neck and put the tube back on and tightened is nice and snug. Then took it out for a drive and I had no problem hitting 8PSI. Later this week I'll try that hill again at full throttle just to see. If I do I'll report back.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Coming home from my mom's tonight I challenged that hill again. I don't know if temperature affects boost or not and I can't remember how cold it was when I thought I had low boost going up this hill but tonight 8.6PSI which is way better than 7.1. To be honest I also find my Trax runs a lot nicer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I hit 13.6 psi coming up a hill in 6th gear 50 mph about 1,500 rpm. Running 93 Octane 50 degrees F elevation about 600 feet.
I have the LE2 start stop engine in my 2017 Encore Premium AWD.

Don't know how to record like you all, but you can see the green and red limit marks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I hit 13.6 psi coming up a hill in 6th gear 50 mph about 1,500 rpm. Running 93 Octane 50 degrees F elevation about 600 feet.
I have the LE2 start stop engine in my 2017 Encore Premium AWD.
Wow, I wonder if that's how they got the extra HP? Maybe I need to tighten more clamps.

Don't know how to record like you all, but you can see the green and red limit marks!
You'll need to select a different gauge face, one that has minimum and maximum.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow, I wonder if that's how they got the extra HP? Maybe I need to tighten more clamps.

The LE2 is direct injected. The older 1.4 is not. That plus more boost = more hp and torque I guess?

Once the warranty is up, its going to be Trifecta tuned :D

About 2016--2018+ Buick Encore Sport Touring - 1.4L Turbo (LE2) - Advantage
TRIFECTA is pleased to announce the Buick Encore Sport Touring MY2016--2018+ vehicle software recalibration (reflash) for vehicles utilizing the 1.4L turbo (LE2) engine with either the 6 speed automatic transmission (6T40 / RPO:MNH). Specific gains over factory calibration are up to (uncorrected) 97lb-ft of torque and 59 horsepower, with peak gains showing at up to 74lb-ft of torque and 51 horsepower, with no vehicle modifications beyond the calibration.

The TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration for the Buick Encore Sport Touring MY2016--2018+ includes a TRIFECTA flash loader.

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Buick Encore Sport Touring MY2016--2018+ 1.4L turbo LE2 ECM software reprogramming:

-gains of up to +97 ft-lbs and +59 WHP under the curve (and +74 ft-lbs and +51 WHP peak) on 92 octane

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I contacted them several times but they never answered back. $600Cdn is still $400 US so I don't get it why They won't sell me a tune. No warranty on mine it's a salvage. 50 ft-lbs of torque may not be much but may be enough to not be burnt by Corrolas.

I think I just hit 9 on that same hill with +9°C temps, same hill.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Got my boost to work a lot better. A little bit more tinkering and playing with it and I now manage to get 12.3 PSI but Trifecta tune still doesn't work any better.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Even better this afternoon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good work Traxy. Thanks for the continual updates, I know myself and others really appreciate all the hard work you have put in to this site.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Wish more people would chime in like that GM mechanic that popped in once. He seemed knowledgeable but not too willing to share or spend time on here. Too bad in a way, he could have helped with our ignorance.

Reactions: DinoTrax

·
Super Moderator
209 Posts
I might have to plug my ODB reader in for a bit and check the numbers on my 2019, hopefully Progressive won't get made about having the Snapshot out for a quick ride. Lol

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I usually get max boost while merging onto highway. Between between 40-60 mph when crunching it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Traxy, I know you recommend the Torque Pro app; But which OBD2 BT sender unit do you recommend?

·
Super Moderator
209 Posts
Hey Traxy, I know you recommend the Torque Pro app; But which OBD2 BT sender unit do you recommend?
Not sure about Traxy, but this is the unit i bought. Even using just the free version of Torque i could read all the information from my Buick and Subaru. Now both if them are old, and I've never tried it on my Trax yet, but I don't think it's a bad unit and should work just fine with the new one.

BAFX Products - Wireless Bluetooth OBD2 / OBDII Diagnostic Car Scanner

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Reactions: DinoTrax

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
New boost high on a moderate merge lane.

Reactions: 63dart

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'm using BlueDriver and getting diffrent values then the torque pro users.

low is around 3 psi @ idle
high was @ 22 psi on exceleration.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Are you sure you are set in PSI? Those numbers look like MAP values. Because @ idle with no load you should be in vacuum meaning a negative PSI. Map numbers are Boost plus barometric pressure. So 6PSI + 14PSI = 22PSI for boost and 3PSI -14PSI =-11PSI @ idle

21 - 40 of 50 Posts