Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone, have a question here I own a 2019 Chevy Trax, in which at this time has 23292 miles on it, and it had a engine lite come on few days before Christmas and it stayed on about a day maybe and went off, and I received a text from On star, and they made me a appointment to take it to the garage I bought it at, well this was right before Christmas, so while at the garage they told me it had a Boost Sensor bad on it and they had to keep it and order me one.....

So in the mean time they gave us another Trax to drive.....they called and said our car is ready to go now....

I'm no mechanic, but can someone tell me what this sensor actually does, or what would cause this thing to go bad, it is practically a new car, and is this something normal to go out ?.....

This is our 1st new car in a many of years....nice car too, getting 32.3 mpg, and it is a daily driver....

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
The boost pressure sensor is inserted in the air duct leading to the throttle body. It measures how much boost the turbo is putting out, although not a common part to go bad it is an electronic piece. And well electronic parts do fail. A new one is like $10. Maybe it never failed, it could have just iced up or seen dirt for a while, either way the technician is probably changing it to eliminate it from the equation. If the light comes back on he'll look deeper and know it's not the sensor. Not all black and white unfortunately.

Reactions: Oatmeal

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have another question about the Trax, do you all leave the traction control device on all the time or turn it off each time you start the car ?

·
Super Moderator
207 Posts
I just leave it on personally, though occasionally I'll remember to turn it off on dry days where there's zero chance to hit snow or ice around town.

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Why would you turn it off? What most people don't understand is this feature might save their lives in a bad situation. ( For example coming into a turn with black ice )

·
Super Moderator
207 Posts
Maybe he wants to get the tires to chirp a bit when he hops on it.

Pro tip, you have to disable Stabilitrac also if you want to make a Trax purposely squirrelly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I was just curious, I no my brother n law, has a Toyota that has this feature, and he turns his off all the time as he starts it.....
Yeah, we leave ours on too, was wondering if this would do any damage mostly I think....our Trax, is a daily driver...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts