Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought our's new in April, and now it just rolled over to 13,000 miles, and yes it gets used a lot here, and getting right at 32mpg with ours, so far have gotten good service out of it, no problems, it is front wheel drive hoping it does well in the snow...

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
It will do well if you do not upsize your winter tires. What size did it come with?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine did well with the factory tires the Contipros i got almost 90,000 miles out of them i am pleased but they were so noisy and rough ride.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
No way you did 90000 miles with the ContiPro not with that threadwear number. I maybe got 50000Kms with mine and they were down to the canvas. And yes they are noisy and rough and don't stay round. I went with Michelin defenders with a threadwear number of 820.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Traxy, I'd have to look to see what size they are but thinking it has 16"s on it....
Other than the boost sensor been bad on this one, it has done well so far..

We bought ours at Joe Holland Chev, and when the boost sensor went bad on it, the engine light came on for about a day then went off, as u no we took it to the shop since it is still under warranty.....according to the paperwork I signed on them replacing this part the cold weather we had during this time the engine light coming on was caused due to not letting the car run long enough to warm up, my wife just got n the car and let it run a few minutes and went down the road in it...somehow not letting the car run any longer to warm up caused this sensor to go bad, but it's fixed and doing great, has little over 24000 on it now, and it is a daily driver here....

·
Super Moderator
209 Posts
I'm guessing that condensation may build up on the sensor as the engine cools, and in cold temperature that little bit of water freezes and can cause the sensor to misread while the engine is working. Allowing it to warm up would potentially melt the ice, dry the water and allow for proper boost readings by the computer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts