Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone, as you we have a 2019 model trax, and it has 52000 or so miles on it, and coming up on a brake job soon, like to ask what type brake pads you all using and a brand on yours ?....
And where to buy them at ?...

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
I put Raybestos pads and rotors on mine, no complaints.

Reactions: Oatmeal

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Have another question on the brakes, is there like a warning light that comes on if it needs brakes seems like there is a warning light for other stuff just curious.....
I no the low tire indicator comes on at 29lbs, guess this probably normal operations for the Trax ?...
We have 53000 and some miles on it, and it is coming up for a oil change n a couple weeks, and a tire rotation as well....so far no issues with the brakes, but will have them checked on tire rotation...

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
No lights for brake pad wear but there are screamers on the inside pads. These will start to screech when you need brake pads. I did over 100,000 kms before I did mine and could have gone an other 20k

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok, that's kinda what I thought just wanted to ask and make sure...automobiles built today, seems to have everything u can think of in them, ect...

·
Super Moderator
323 Posts
I remember when Ford did that in the late-80's to early-90's, but in most cases it just simply illuminated the 'BRAKE' light when most people considered as the parking brake light. So it left technicians chasing down the wrong problem in the early days, especially since the system was known to fail and send a false signal.

A more accurate way to monitor your brake life is to check the fluid level. As long as it's in the safe range you have some life in the pads, but the lower the level gets indicates the farther the piston is pushed out the caliper body due to pad wear of the inner pad. .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good morning, have 57000 and some miles on car and breaks still hasn't been changed no signs to indicate they need changed....I just thought with the miles it had on it then they was coming due for a break job,....thanks for the info...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good morning everyone, I been keeping a check on my brake pads, ect and so far nothing they seems to still be ok, mileage I have on mine now is, 76000 and some.....my wife drives it more than I do, this is why I don't no the exact miles on it lol.....but think I may have a wheel unit going bad in mine, haven't really looked to see if it has bearings in it to grease, but I no used to drive a older car at work and it had the bearings ect pressed in one part......otherwise my Trax seems to be running ok....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts