Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i want to buy 225/75 r16 all terrain tires but i want to know if do you think there is a problem, maybe a 225/70 r16 is better but i would like more tire perfil.
The tire in the image is a 215/65 r16 and obviusly is smaller even more the original tire.
I don't want take a lot risk with 225/75 and hit the shock absorbers, so, if you know about this please tell me. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
A 225/75-R16 will bog down that little engine, they will fit but not sure it will look good. It will also throw off your speedometer by over 7% so that when reading 60 mph you'd actually be going 64 mph. It may also be a bit harder on fuel because you'd be staying in lower gears longer. But if all this don't bother you go ahead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 225/75-R16 will bog down that little engine, they will fit but not sure it will look good. It will also through off your speedometer by over 7% so that when reading 60 mph you'd actually be going 64 mph. It may also be a bit harder on fuel because you'd be staying in lower gears longer. But if all this don't bother you go ahead.

Thank you 👌, i understan now and i don't want that. Do you think is better 225/70 r16? I mean, no much problems about speedometer and fuel?

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
Not sure I understand what you want to do!
The first number is the width of the tire in mm
The second number is the wall height in %
The third is the rim. If rim stays the same and you don' want to offset speedometer, increasing the width by 10% 205 to 225 means you have to reduce the wall by 5 or 10% 70 to 60

So 225/65-16 would give you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No sure I understand what you want to do!
The first number is the width of the tire in mm
The second number is the wall height in %
The third is the rim. If rim stays the same and you don' want to offset speedometer, increasing the width by 10% 205 to 225 means you have to reduce the wall by 5 or 10% 70 to 60

So 225/65-16 would give you
I want to put tires taller because the 205/70r16 tire is so small for me. The trax can be more aggressive with all terrain tires taller 😁. It's just appearance what i'm looking for but without affect other things

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
You cannot go taller without affect speedometer. The height affects diameter which is in direct proportion with registered speed. You could go with 215/70R16 or 225/65R16 and maybe stay in acceptable range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts