Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having intermittent issues with the cabin air (2015 LTZ). It has mostly happened after stopping for a break after driving for 3 hours. Here's what happens:

When the car is started back up after the 15 min break, only a whisper of air will come out of the vents. The blower is working and will respond to a higher/lower air flow - but nothing comes out the vents (other than a very light whisper of air). It really sounds like all the ducting became disconnected and the air has been redirected to the behind the dash only.

The direction changing knob (defrost, feet only, face and feet, etc) feels like it is spinning freely when this happens and changes nothing...the air just blows somewhere behind the dash.

To put it another way - it sorta sounds a shop vacuum hose would if you put your hand over the suction end of the hose.

I had it in the shop today and they ran some tests but couldn't find anything (naturally the system functioned correctly while there.)

All goes back to normal after the car has been off for awhile. Has anyone else had any experience with this?

·
Super Moderator
1,456 Posts
Maybe your HVAC iced up from the long trip and was still melting ice from the condenser.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe your HVAC iced up from the long trip and was still melting ice from the condenser.
I had a 2018 trax. While driving the air flow out of the vents would simply stop. Numerous trips to the dealer to which they couldn't duplicate the problem. After trading it back after owning it for 9 months I got a 19 and it started having the same issue. Contacted a different dealership and found there is a problem with the plenum design. Why couldn't the first dealership find this. There is an actual service bulletin about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts