Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,274 Posts
If it is the same as the 2016 it's behind the glove box. Check the end of this thread, I explain where and how.

Well I noticed there were a few mistakes on my part in the old post and since I couldn't edit it I decide to re-write that DIY and correct the errors.

I did this and took pictures while changing the cabin air filter. Here goes,,,...

First remove all the junk in the glove box.

Like so...

Then unhook damper mechanism at the top noticing at which hole it's at, mine was at bottom hole. Just easier at the top.

Then press inward at the 2 stoppers one side at a time and the door will drop right straight down.

Revealing this.

If you want to replace the cabin air filter just depress the 2 clips on either side and lift door.

Notice air flow direction before removing.

Then reverse the procedure putting it back.

Last time I used the FRAM CF10775 but these are quite expensive, WIX has a cheaper version and I'm sure works just as good.

Even these cheap Chinese ones would probably do the trick and you could change them more often. After all the original was from China. You only get one set of lungs...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BBQ...lgo_pvid=0f7e9825-6748-4613-b797-96bdf99a701d

Reactions: mjbjr25

·
Super Moderator
2,274 Posts
@ Admin could you extend the edit time limit on this forum from 24 hours to at least a week. Every time I re-read one of my post and find a mistake I can't edit and some of the stuff might be misleading if not corrected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts